Sequel Data Systems offers a wide range of server consolidation and virtualization options, including:
- HP C-Class BladeSystems - A complete portfolio of hardware, software and services to help you build the perfect BladeSystem-without compromise.
- SAN Solutions - Businesses like yours are using virtualization technology to implement SANs.
- VMware - Is the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the datacenter - bringing cloud computing to businesses of all sizes. Customers rely on VMware to reduce capital and operating expenses, ensure business continuity and strengthen security.
- AppSense - AppSense is the leading provider of user virtualization technology to enterprise organizations. User virtualization is a way of managing user-specific information independent of the desktop, and applying this information into any desktop (local install, virtualized, published, streamed etc) on-demand. This enables IT to standardize the desktop build, automate desktop and application delivery, and migrate users to new desktops – all while ensuring the user experience is seamless, personal, predictable and easily manageable.
- RES Software - RES Software builds a bridge between desktop virtualization and the delivery of personalized and secure workspaces for end users.
Streamline Desktop Management and Deployment through Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
Instantly provision desktops to local and remote users from the datacenter with VMware View. Standardize desktop deployments by creating images of approved desktops, then automatically provision as many as you need. Easily manage groups of users from a single desktop image. Delivering desktops as a managed service with VMware View typically lets you reduce your overall desktops costs by 50% by centralizing management and resources and removing IT infrastructure from remote offices.
Improve User Satisfaction
Provide a superior end-user desktop experience over any network, with VMware View with PCoIP, a high performance display protocol. Virtual desktop users can instantly access their personalized desktops, including data, applications and settings, from anywhere, without suffering the lag times of earlier technologies. Play rich media content, use multiple monitor configurations and seamlessly access attached peripherals.
Standardize Your Virtualization Platform
Enjoy a unified management experience through VMware View’s integration with VMware vSphere, the only virtualization platform tuned and optimized for desktops. Dynamically load balance virtual desktop machines to optimize computing resources. Power on thousands of desktops at once, without any performance degradation. Bring the power of the datacenter to the desktop and use a common platform to manage both servers and desktops from the datacenter to the cloud.
Easily Deliver Desktops to Remote Users
Deliver cost-effective virtual desktops and applications securely to call centers, government agencies, healthcare providers, branch campuses or offshore facilities. Give partner organizations and independent service providers temporary access to corporate desktops through a secure network connection. Perform maintenance and troubleshoot user issues without engaging in expensive on-site visits or maintaining remote IT staff and infrastructure. Deliver a high performance desktop experience to users—wherever they are.
Deliver Built-in Business Continuity for the Desktop
Meet work-from-home mandates in the event of quarantine or natural disaster with an emergency preparedness policy and VMware View 4, the only desktop virtualization solution that provides built-in business continuity and disaster recovery for the desktop at no additional cost.
Provide high availability for your desktops within your virtualized environment without the cost or complexity of traditional clustering solutions and back them up nightly in the datacenter as a business process. VMware View with VMware vSphere for Desktops lets you extend enterprise features such as vMotion, High Availability and Distributed Resources Scheduler to the desktop, ensuring an “always on” desktop. With VMware View you can:
- Let your desktops take advantage of key features in the vSphere platform such as vMotion, High Availability, Dynamic Resource Scheduler and Consolidated Backup.
- Access virtual desktop from a wide variety of devices over any network connection to ensure business continuity.
- Quickly provision virtual desktops to remote users or groups of users in the event of a pandemic or catastrophic event when it is difficult for workers to access the office.
- Keep desktops running even when server hardware goes down with automated failover and recovery.
- Shift desktop computing resources automatically as user needs and application loads change with dynamic load balancing.
- Give remote users a high performance desktop experience with VMware View with PCoIP while protecting access to sensitive data.
Ensure Security with Centralized Control and Management
Protect your organization’s information assets and ensure compliance with industry and government regulations such as HIPAA, SOX, government mandates on settings for PCs and more with desktop virtualization. VMware desktop virtualization solutions enable enterprises to secure data, centralize control of desktops and software access and maintain compliance without sacrificing end user needs.
Ensure Corporate Security Compliance with End User Restricted Entitlements
Ensure appropriate access for end users with specified credentials by restricting access to desktops based on the authentication method. For some business environments, this may mean, for example, you can allow access only to users who have authenticated with a smart card. VMware desktop virtualization solutions are modular by design, enabling integration with 3rd party software to allow for further extension of security requirements.
Maintain Locked-down Desktops without Restricting Application Access
VMware virtualized applications run entirely in user mode and can be deployed to fully locked down desktops. No administrative rights are needed to execute these virtualized applications. Additionally, applications can be encapsulated in a fully encrypted file for deployment. IT staff can be assured security compliance needs are met while enabling end users to easily and safely access business critical applications.
Manage and Track Software Application Usage & Deployment
Monitor software license usage and ensure compliance with vendors without imposing new process or enforcement tools. VMware desktop virtualization solutions provide out-of-the-box integrations with existing policy-based usage mechanisms such as Active Directory and LDAP. VMware View seamlessly plugs into existing management frameworks for discovery of software assets and systems, so you can use your existing monitoring and distribution tools to maintain single-pane-of-glass control of software license compliance.
Decouple hardware, applications and operating systems to eliminate compatibility issues during OS migrations and upgrades. Get the benefits of newer platforms without paying heavy support costs to test and troubleshoot integration issues. Run a single image of a new operating system across a variety of hardware types. Encapsulate older applications and even run multiple versions of the same application side by side.